Why release software that's not ready?

Why release the software 7.1 and home 2.1 when it's not complete nor stable. We are not Beta Testers.
I have loss near 3 years work on campgrounds like State parks, Corps of Engineers parks and private parks. I had at least 99 poi's in each catergory (State, private, ect.) Now I have only 18 or so poi's in each catergory.
I also loss all of my ExxonMobile stations across the country with same as above?????????????
When I tried to use my Backups (2) neither worked.

I guess that this just illustrates one more time how the backup via Home is often unreliable.

Please, everybody, just use Windows Explorer to drag and drop the files to a safe convenient folder on your hard drive. Then burn a copy onto a DVD to make a backup of the backup.

I too have had the same problem with stability and backups.
It seems that the newer Home can not restore older backups correctly. However I have found that if you drill down the folders for TomTom in your My Documents and find the backups folder you will see the backup. From there you can just drag the files back to your TomTom and it will restore just fine. At least it has for me.

I've never really had major issues with latest versions of TT Home 2.1 and v7. At first it seemed to be slow in picking up a sat signal but now it's quite fast even without tweaking as discussed in another thread. What pisses me off though is that v7 is just a lite version. I guess TT did this so that we would upgrade to the 920.

You can locate these POI files in the Backup folder of Home , then copy them over.
You don't have to use HOME. I rarely use it. Just copy & paste.
To prevent surprise I even banned Home from autostarting on my PC.

Last edited:

Ask a Question