Why doesn't TomTom offer this?

TomTom Model(s)
ONE XL-S
Instead of having to pay anywhere from $50.00 to $75.00 for updated road maps, why don't they offer an inexpensive subscription say $15.00 per year (2 updates per year). I would much rather pay $15.00 and get incremental updated maps than $75.00 which might NOT include new roads in my area. :)

Instead of having to pay anywhere from $50.00 to $75.00 for updated road maps, why don't they offer an inexpensive subscription say $15.00 per year (2 updates per year). I would much rather pay $15.00 and get incremental updated maps than $75.00 which might NOT include new roads in my area. :)

TomTom does do this in Europe.

We hope they choose to offer subscription in the USA.

$15 a year? You're joking right? :eek:

TomTom would go out of business pretty darn quick if they only charged $15 a year for maps. They already offer a subscription in Europe, but it's more of a test market thing they are doing to see how the revenue flows, and it costs quite a bit more than $15.

I myself also prefer a subscription over buying their way-overpriced and non-guaranteed maps. Single maps normally run anywhere from $109 to $139, and less if there is a sale going on. COME ON TOMTOM! SHOW NORTH AMERICA SOME LOVE!

Ask a Question