Why doesn't "Jukebox" show up?

Guys, I'm new here, and would like to thank everyone who has made such great posts here with the wealth of information provided to the members.

Like most folks, I think, I'm here initially because I need some help, and I am posting this after doing a search and not finding the answer, but that only means I'm not finding it, not that it isn't here! So sorry about having to ask for something here somewhere, and I appreciate your patience and your help.

I own the GO 740.

I never used it much beyond basic navigation, and then put it away when I bought a vehicle with built-in Nav.

But recently I have been taking it with me when I travel to avoid the $14 a day or so the car rental agencies charge for a GPS!

So, I'm trying to teach myself all I can to take advantage of the many features available in this model. I have updated it with the TomTom on-line software, and it's all up to date. I had a brand new in the package 1GB mini-SD card laying in my desk and installed that, thinking it would be nice to have some family pictures and some of my favorite tunes with me when I travel.

I used the TT software to have the proper folders installed on the card, (mp3 and photos), and copied and pasted some pics and tunes (in the mp3 format) into their proper homes on the card.

Now, when I go to the music and media button on the unit, it gives me the pictures with no problem, but doesn't seem to know the music is there. My understanding is that a "Jukebox" selection should now be appearing, correct? Not there!

Is there something I am missing here? The directories are named properly, and in fact where created by the TT software, which knows I am using the GO 740, obviously. The files are in the right format, .mp3, and in the right place.

Why aren't they seen by the unit?

Thanks for any help you guys can offer!

Only the Go-940 model from the x40 product family has the mp3 player, TomTom have subsequently dropped the mp3 player all together from the product range after the 940.

You can't add the mp3 player either - Mike

Ask a Question