Why are all POI's Long Distance?

All of the POI's are listed with (+1-XXX-XXX-XXXX)?

I want to be able to click and call, but the connection cannot be made as it is considered long distance, because it dials "1".

Jeff

Hmm, since I have the One LE, I can't make any calls directly with that unit. But I wonder if your unit version has the ability to make a call directly. If yes, maybe you need to configure that everytime you try to call a local area code, it should ignore the +1- etc.

Just trying to help.

Having the 1 and the area code should not cause a problem. Every phone switch, cellular as well, I've seen will happily accept a local number in it's 10 digit format.

Having the 1 and the area code should not cause a problem. Every phone switch, cellular as well, I've seen will happily accept a local number in it's 10 digit format.

I thought that too, but the call does not go through. Strange...

All of the POI's are listed with (+1-XXX-XXX-XXXX)?

I want to be able to click and call, but the connection cannot be made as it is considered long distance, because it dials "1".

Jeff
This is dependent on the type of provider you are with:
GSM providers will not process the +1 as long distance or international unless you are outside your local calling area. (the '+' represents the international dialing prefix), since GSM is an international standard, GSM provides automatically add +1-NPA-NXX... (ie +1-902-245-2432).

CDMA providers have been known to cause problems with this, as they attempt to call an invalid number.

See this thread for previous discussions:
[thread]5216[/thread]

--Phil

This is dependent on the type of provider you are with:
GSM providers will not process the +1 as long distance or international unless you are outside your local calling area. (the '+' represents the international dialing prefix), since GSM is an international standard, GSM provides automatically add +1-NPA-NXX... (ie +1-902-245-2432).

CDMA providers have been known to cause problems with this, as they attempt to call an invalid number.

See this thread for previous discussions:
[thread]5216[/thread]

--Phil

Hey Phil,

Thanks for the note. You are right, I am on CDMA. Actually, I noticed that you are a Rogers Tech guy!! So I am with Bell in Toronto. Is there any way that I can remedy this without switching to GSM?

Jeff

Hey Phil,

Thanks for the note. You are right, I am on CDMA. Actually, I noticed that you are a Rogers Tech guy!! So I am with Bell in Toronto. Is there any way that I can remedy this without switching to GSM?

Jeff
Unfortunately, I believe the TomTom software automatically puts the international dialing prefix (as your carrier would not put it in since it doesn't use it).

Therefore I am unaware of a solution for this.

Just a quick note, TomTom only supports GSM devices (as per it's website), although CDMA devices have been successful in pairing for data services. (ie/ In Canada, TomTom only supports Rogers Wireless and Fido Wireless which are both GSM Carriers, the main CDMA carriers, Bell Mobility and Telus Mobility are not supported).

Sorry I can't be much help
--Phil

Last edited:

Ask a Question