White on Red X - PC doesn't see ONE

OK everyone, this is really starting to piss me off. :mad: I'm on my second TomTom One. The first one lost all contents of memory and was showing the white on red X. PC wouldn't recognize the device so I couldn't download my backup or anything. I exchanged the device because it was within 30 days. Got another one and the same thing happened. I sent it in for service and comes back all fixed. I just connected to my computer again today and the thing is all messed up again.

I'm running Windows XP and I have an iPod, an HP pocket PC and an external USB hard drive attached to the computer as well. Are there any known compatibility problems with having any of these devices connected at the same time? I can't figure out why this continues to happen. Even trying to reset and run the clear flash tool doesn't work.

I'm at my wits end with this. I love the device but if I can't connect it to the computer to download POI's I can't see the point in keeping this.

Please help!

Brigg

Ask a Question