Which Tomtom to buy for itinerary planning?

My old Tomtom, which is now dead, had an itinerary planning function. I really liked this and want my replacement to also have it. I thought this would be straight forward but none of the new tomtom's seem to list this feature and when I asked at Halfords they said they didn't think any Tomtom had itinerary planning and the only sat nav that knew of that did it was a ?200 Garmin.

Whats going on? Is this a feature which has been removed or is it still there under another name?

Thanks in advance for any help
Liam

None of the models with a simplified menu will have it. That includes all models with a version 2 to the name.
(or a small '2' in the name).

BUT.......the x50 Live models have it as will the XXL IQ Routes edition Europe (but NOT the XL IQ Routes
Edition'2' Europe)

Thanks for the quick response. Those models look fantastic but I'm not sure my budget is going stretch that far!

Any idea why this function seems to pop up at random?

You can get a 540 Live for considerably less than ?200 see Here for example, whilst this model is over 18 months old it is supplied with the Latest Map Guarantee so I wouldn't worry too much about its age - If you don't want to pay for the Live services via subscription simply let the free trial expire and unless you take out a subscription the Live services will simply stop.

As to why some devices have Itinerary and others dont, this is a fairly new move by TomTom which appears to be dumbing down the lower cost models, leaving just the higher priced devices with all the features/ capability - Mike

I think the 540 live is a good option too, and there are plenty of deals to be had on the slightly older models. Shop around and see what you can come up with.

Ask a Question