which sd card?

Hi eclimax13

I've recently bought the Scandisk Ultra II 4gig and so far I haven't had any issues. All I've used it for so far is loading MP3's and it seems to be working just fine on my TT720.

bb5

I have a TopRAM 4gb SDHC and have not got it to read in the 720. It was one I had for me camera and thought I would give it a try on the TomTom.

Kingston 4GB SDHC

Purchased a 4GB Kingston SDHC card this weekend. Moved my maps onto the new card. Tested it yesterday...everything works fine.

Jack Weintraub

Installed a TopRam 4GB 150X in my XL-S with no difficulty.NICHOLB: Might try formating your old SD with FAT32. Believe I have a read that might be a solution.

Irv

Last edited:
SSHADOW
Am not sure if it is SDHC. Purchased with a reader from vendor on ebay
Loaded the files and installed in XL-S

Irv

weird thing is that tomtom told me not to get an hd or hc card...they said it might not work well with the unit...they told me to get a regular sd card...

weird thing is that tomtom told me not to get an hd or hc card...they said it might not work well with the unit...they told me to get a regular sd card...

SDHC cards work with the 720 and 920 models. Says so right on TT's web site (somewhere).

You don't REALLY expect accurate information from TT Support, do you? Shame. Shame.:eek:

SDHC cards work with the 720 and 920 models. Says so right on TT's web site (somewhere).

You don't REALLY expect accurate information from TT Support, do you? Shame. Shame.:eek:

actually they have helped me everytime ive called...never had a bad experience with their customer service and ive called over a dozen times....where does it say that?...i was told by two ppl there that they might/might not work...and they are not recommended

Last edited:
Installed a TopRam 4GB 150X in my XL-S with no difficulty.NICHOLB: Might try formating your old SD with FAT32. Believe I have a read that might be a solution.

Irv

When I tried it I did both a FAT and a FAT32 format (full not quick). Mine is a very early SDHC from them. The newer ones may work. Also I do know they made both a regular SD and a SDHC 4gb model. One of these days I may get ambitious and try it again but for now my 2gb card has enough space for me and the 4gb one works fine in the camera I bought it for. When I need more space I'll buy one that is known to work.

link didnt work for me...but either way if you found it...it must be there...i just went with a regular 2gb kingston on sale for $10.50...dont think i need anymore space than that

link didnt work for me...but either way if you found it...it must be there...i just went with a regular 2gb kingston on sale for $10.50...dont think i need anymore space than that

How about this:

sdcards.jpg

works for me...like i said...they didnt say it wouldnt work...they just said its not recommended...but i know lots of ppl using them and not having any troubles

Ask a Question