Which roads does IQRoutes cover? USA

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730
I could have sworn I've seen a thread on this a quite a while back, but cannot find:
How do I know which roads have IQRoutes data for them?
Thanks.

IQ Routes only exist where there is a certain traffic density to establish different averages.
Most likely all major roads in urban areas are covered but dirt roads in Kansas most likely not.

In any case, if you select (o) Fastest route the device will select IQ Routes is available and will display that IQ Routes were used to give the estimated travel time.

Arno,
My experience matches yours on this.
However, I have found that a complex route will include major roads (assuming IQR data there) and some minors (which is where I am not sure they have IQR data applied).
The best indicator seems to be to set up a fake route which includes only the road in question and see if it has MPH data. I don't think that's the real indicator, but it has been fairly reliable.

So, what you are telling me is that there's no "flag" for a road/segment which says that IQR data exists with the active map. Correct?

If there is IQ data for a road and you've selected 'fastest' with IQ enabled, then that data is considered. I don't believe there is a way the user can or needs to indicate there is data available.

IQroutes data is on nearly 100% of the roads on the map. The quality/reliability of the data may be suspect in more rural areas. I have seen the Tomtom successfully navigate small neighborhood grids avoiding most stop signs, so I know it's got even tiny roads in its data.

If you find a dirtroad in kansas that doesn't have IQroutes, and plan a route across it, the Tomtom will warn you that IQroutes data is missing and that it is disabling IQroutes for that particular route.

Ask a Question