Which one would you buy?

TomTom Model(s)
GO510/710 + XXL530•S + XXL550•T
I already own [for a few years now] a TomTom GO510 but thinking about updating to a newer SLIMMER unit that I can carry with me.

It's between 2 models: the XXL 530S and the Go 630.

The main feature that concerns me is the rechargeable usable battery life since I use it in a bus that has NO power port to recharge it during the work day.

The 630 has a reported 5 hrs of battery life per charge but I can't find the battery info for the XXL 530S. Probably in the 3 hour range I would think.

So I'm looking for that info and what you folks here would buy if given the choice between the 2.

Thanks in advance for your input.

if i were you
i will put two specifications side by side
and decide which one i should buy
after all you are the one who going to use it

good luck

I already own [for a few years now] a TomTom GO510 but thinking about updating to a newer SLIMMER unit that I can carry with me.

It's between 2 models: the XXL 530S and the Go 630.

The main feature that concerns me is the rechargeable usable battery life since I use it in a bus that has NO power port to recharge it during the work day.

The 630 has a reported 5 hrs of battery life per charge but I can't find the battery info for the XXL 530S. Probably in the 3 hour range I would think.

So I'm looking for that info and what you folks here would buy if given the choice between the 2.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Battery life is no where that what it says. 5 hours is a joke. Cut that in half or less unless you want to use a battery saving feature such as shutting off between instructions or lowering the light output while viewing. I think that most users after 2 years get way less then 1 hr. With my 920 I get 15 minuts. You should definately look at the features of both units to decide which unit you want.

The slimness in the newer Tomtom models is almost entirely accomplished by shrinking the battery. The 510 and all the newer units are all lithium ion, so there's no newer battery efficiency on the newer units.

You'll get about half the battery life on any slim Tomtom when compared to the 510. Further, IQroutes is a CPU hog and will further diminish the battery.

If battery life is your most important feature, you should stick with the 510.

Ask a Question