Which Memory card?

TomTom Model(s)
GO750 Live Garmin Camper 760LMT-D
I have a Go750 Live and just need some clarification as to buying the correct memory card. In the manual (which is pretty vague!) it simply states "Memory card (Micro SD card) slot". It tells you absolutely nothing about what sizes or types are advised or the best method for writing to it etc. In fact there is no mention in the manual at all that the Go750 needs a card if you want to download any map as it has no internal HD of its own.

Been advised to get a class 6 card and looking around on Google and found this;

7dayshop.com - Online Store

Is this the card I need for my model TT as it is a Micro SDHC.....not Micro SD? Or are they pretty much one and the same?

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand it is indeed a sdhc card that the model uses and a max of 32 gigs.

I would suggest you get a 4GB Micro SDHC card as you can put the whole Western Europe map on that without having to use the stupid zonal maps they are currently making users suffer with.

If you want to use the Western_Europe map along with a North America map on the device consider an 8GB MicroSD card.

In either case ensure the memory card is at least Class 6 for its speed rating (The higher the number the faster the read/ write speed, too slow and the TomTom will reject the card and refuse to read from it) - Mike

That means you need to check the device will work with SDHC type cards as some older hardware will not be able to read/ write to this type of card, don't worry about the TomTom Go-750 Live as that works fine with SDHC irrespective or what rubbish you read on the TomTom web site or get told by their official Customer Support department.
I have an 8GB MicroSDHC card in my 950 and it works a treat - Mike

It means that older models with sd slots such as some tomtom ONE models could only handle sd cards, not sdhc cards.

Cheers for that guys. :thumb:

Think i'll order an 8gb one then as the 4gb is only ?3 cheaper.

Ask a Question