Which maps are used when??

TomTom Model(s)
One XL-S
When using the RoutePlanner beta, I can understand that an "online" map is used. I currently have a question in with TomTom about why we can't be sure that a route will be planned the same way on our unit even with the latest map installed. They say that the one on the RoutePlanner may be newer.

Now I have a further confusion. When I tried "operate my tomtom" using TomTom Home, I tried a local route to see whether there were some "new" roads included since the latest Mapshare update. Much to my surprise, the "new" road was shown. However with my unit disconnected from the PC, the road seemed to have disappeared.

Is this possible? What map is used when running "Operate my TomTom" from Home? I thought a simulator ran the application on the PC, but used the map and POI data in the unit.

Last edited:
When I tried "operate my tomtom" using TomTom Home, I tried a local route to see whether there were some "new" roads included since the latest Mapshare update. Much to my surprise, the "new" road was shown. However with my unit disconnected from the PC, the road seemed to have disappeared.
I've never seen this problem b4, might to tell us which road that is?

Thanks for the reply - I was wrong, wrong, wrong

Part of the "new road" labelled Ira Needles Blvd had existed before, and the name has now been updated. However the real "new" parts still don't exist (even in the Operate my TomTom mode).

Sorry for the error. I am relieved, I was trying to figure out how it could possible be doing what I thought saw.

Ask a Question