Which map update did you put on your ONE?

ahh... but in the future WRT app updates and stuff, that shouldn't be an issue, right? I mean worse come to worse, we'll just load the USA_and_Canada map first then do whatever that future update is.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the North_America map is interchangeable with the USA_and_Canada map with no conflict other than map size.

Instead of deleting the North America and Canada Maps from my TT ONE v3, I cut and pasted from the SD card to the hard drive, just in case, and then installed the new North America-Canada Maps. It works fine.

Ok everyone, it did take awhile, but I can also claim success here in copying the North America map to my ONE. It worked just as PS for TT described. I did copy over my mapsettings.cfg and also my custom POI.

SWEET!

Is anyone else seeing different routing after updating to the new maps?

Yesterday I took a familiar route that had two major roads intersecting one another. Usually, it's not even worth a mention on the TT1. However, since updating to the new maps, I heard "continue straight" and thought "wha?". Looked up, and saw that it was instructing me to get into the right turn lane, cross the other street, get into its right turn lane, and continue on my way. Like going straight through a roundabout.

VERY weird.

The other thing that was odd was the instructions for travelling on the tollway. I was told to go "EB NW Tollway Sb". That's "east bound, Northwest Tollway", but what's Sb? South bound? South bound on an east-west road? That's interesting.

Anyone else?

I haven't had my unit long enough to really compare routes, because as soon as I bought it I ordered new maps. But I can comment on some route strangeness I noticed yesterday. While traveling on a highway-type road with service roads on the side, it once told me to exit, go straight, get on the highway again.... instead of just staying on the highway in the first place. Very strange!

I haven't had my unit long enough to really compare routes, because as soon as I bought it I ordered new maps. But I can comment on some route strangeness I noticed yesterday. While traveling on a highway-type road with service roads on the side, it once told me to exit, go straight, get on the highway again.... instead of just staying on the highway in the first place. Very strange!
That usually happens with "Shortest Route." I remember someone on a Lexus forum complaining that her nav system kept taking her off the highway and immediately back on. Changing it to "Fastest" or "Quickest" route solved that issue.

Is anyone else seeing different routing after updating to the new maps?

Yesterday I took a familiar route that had two major roads intersecting one another. Usually, it's not even worth a mention on the TT1. However, since updating to the new maps, I heard "continue straight" and thought "wha?". Looked up, and saw that it was instructing me to get into the right turn lane, cross the other street, get into its right turn lane, and continue on my way. Like going straight through a roundabout.

VERY weird.

The other thing that was odd was the instructions for travelling on the tollway. I was told to go "EB NW Tollway Sb". That's "east bound, Northwest Tollway", but what's Sb? South bound? South bound on an east-west road? That's interesting.

Anyone else?
depends I guess.

I know one of my SB highways bear east for a while then back south again. Sorta like a -(x*?) kinda graph.

I had mine set to fastest, since I was on a 350 mile road trip. It was still taking me off the highway, onto the service road, just to get back on. Oh well!

Yeah that doesn't sound normal. Im interested if other people with long road trips had the similar situation.

One other thing worth mentioning, there were several times the TT would tell me "in XX yards, stay left" while I was ON the interstate. So basically, it was telling me NOT to exit, even though my route required me to stay on the interstate for 100 more miles. Crazy! :)

So changing the directions from fastest to shortest, etc, didn't change it. Looks like the map's just plain wrong compared to the old one. Both for the major stretch of road and my local street (guess I'll just call that the "forbidden zone" from now on, since it keeps routing me away from that block.) ;)

I installed the North America maps on my tt one v2. I bought 2gb sd card and they works great.. I like the water shown on the maps

well i have the north america map 1.4gig installed, and this one place near my house, it was directing me on to the off ramp to get on to the highway. thats dangerous. it didnt do that before with the old map.
quick question, i was using a custom color scheme. could that have been the cause? the color scheme worked fine with the usa_canada map.

also, maybe we shouldnt be using the north america map on the one?

Ask a Question