Which is the best way to upgrade map on 720

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
Hi,

My TomTom 720 has Western_Europe v705.1480 loaded. I want to upgrade the map. I also want to get the TomTom Map of Turkey. I have upgraded to the latest 8.351 firmware. When I connect to TomTom User I have 2 choices.
1. Subscribe to the next 4 quarterly updates from TomTom and buy the map of Turkey
2. Buy the new Western & Central Europe Map which includes Turkey
The cost of both options is the same.

Which would you recommend?
Also will my new maps have the option for Advanced Lane Guidance. On my 720 this function is switched off as my current map does not support ALG.

Thanks

Adrianmol
:confused:

My immediate thought would be to contact CS when they are open (I'd phone, not email) and ask whether the Western_and Central_Europe map is eligible for the subscription series. If so, go that route.

If not, your other alternative (getting the subscription for Western_Europe) & buying Turkey is a viable one.

For sure the new maps will have ALG & IQ routing for many countries. I'm just not sure Turkey will have that data functionality. The map shows only 66% road coverage so I would have my doubts that additional ALG data would be included. I could be wrong.

Thanks dhn. I will contact CS. I would like to try ALG & IQ in the UK. It would be no use at all in Turkey as no one out there obeys any kind of lane rule!
I am a long term Garmin user however the Tele Atlas map coverage for Turkey is much better than Garmin at the moment. Therefore I have picked up a Go 720 on eBay. I do like some aspects of the TomTom 3D routing so I will upgrade my maps and give it :eek:a try.

Adrianmol

Ask a Question