Which GPS will allow Blue Tooth audio to line out?

Currently no Tomtoms support that feature.

Bluetooth calls only go to the internal speaker.

Updated and Fixed this post due to bad info provided by me.

TT never allowed this feature, just the FM and audio out for instructions and music in the discontinued GO 630,720,730,920,930

I had erroneously said that these models supported the bluetooth phone line out, which I now realise they do not.

Last edited:
The older models allowed navigation instructions and music to go to line out or bluetooth.

For some weird reason, they never allowed handsfree calls to be played anywhere except the internal speaker.

The only model that has ever supported phone audio output via Bluetooth was a Go-910 with a hack applied to it, this hack enabled the hidden feature and made the function work, TomTom responded by issuing an update within a couple of weeks that disabled this backdoor.

The same "Hack" has never worked on any other product from TomTom since.

I use something called iO-Play for audio support, the TomTom uses the A2DP mode and the phone uses the HFP mode which lets me have phone audio and TomTom audio via the car speakers, the TomTom has nothing to do with the phone when paired up this way so it all works far more reliably - Mike

The older models allowed navigation instructions and music to go to line out or bluetooth.

For some weird reason, they never allowed handsfree calls to be played anywhere except the internal speaker.
Not sure it's all that weird. Feedback/echo cancellation is a necessary function of anything that acts like a speakerphone.

It's one thing to develop the firmware to manage this when the device playing the audio also contains the microphone - that can be characterized by the designer of the device since both input and output can be monitored and controlled together - it's another ballgame entirely to try to sort this out when there's not one processor dealing with both the microphone and the speaker, so to speak. There's no easy way for the side that owns the microphone to sort out what's coming back at it from a different audio system of unknown characteristics and distance from the mic.

I always thought it was going through the external speakers but I just tried it and I was wrong. Thanks for straightening out my bad info.:thumb:

Ask a Question