Where is the GO BACK function?

I was in another state in an unfamiliar area. I used the tomtom to get me to a location by choosing a point on the map. It was very close to the location I needed and proceeded from the "destination" to the actual place I needed to go about a block away. After a few hours, I needed to get back to the original location that I started from. On my old gps, I would have found a list of starting locations or a go back location. On my 720, the only thing I could find was a choice of navigate to last location. The listed last location was the point on the map!! Not where I started from. Shouldn't it, doesn't it keep a record of all starting locations?

I am very disappointed in this device. it has so many fancy features but some of the basics are just not there.

My other biggest peave is that I can't put in an address unless I have the zip or the city name. Many times the city name is an obscure suburb name that no one knows.. and I am stuck. This has caused me problems over and over. My old garmen and my dad's magellen don't have this ridiculous defect.

any suggestions on my first problem above?

You could do this:
1. Set your starting location as 'Home' and when you've reached your destination and want to return, just navigate to 'Home'.
2. Set the starting location as a favourite and then navigate to the favourite when you want to return to that location.

I used the first method when I was in Australia in August and picked up a rental at Melbourne airport with a TomTom gps included. I knew I'd be returning to the airport the next day to pick up some other people so set the airport as 'Home' and just navigated to it from the location I where I was at the time.

Unfortunately, all TomToms insist upon the city before the street. Annoying, isn't it?

Ask a Question