Where is the BACKUP file stored - NAME?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One Third Edition
I was "offended" (Isn't it rediculous how everyone is "Offended" in the news?) when the
TomTom One Third Edition "Home" program told me that the old backup is overwritten
when you do another backup!

I want to save backups by date.....

So I would like to know where the file is stored and what its name is....

Why overwrite the old backup....?

I will just rename them by date and keep them like old photographs of the family!

DoctorBill

I was "offended" (Isn't it rediculous how everyone is "Offended" in the news?) when the
TomTom One Third Edition "Home" program told me that the old backup is overwritten
when you do another backup!

I want to save backups by date.....

So I would like to know where the file is stored and what its name is....

Why overwrite the old backup....?

I will just rename them by date and keep them like old photographs of the family!

DoctorBill

Start TomTom Home. In the main menu, preferences (I think), shows the paths for backups, downloads, etc. on the computer.

Warnig alerts from TT Home

Does anyone know where the warnings downloaded from TT Home are located. I downloaded the Restaurant waring, Outlook shows that it is on my device, but it is not in the menu to be selected. It shows up as a .wav file when you open it trough prefernces in Home but there does not seem to be an .ogg file available.

back up should be under My Documents/TomTom HOME/back ups

JimT
Check out My Documents/TomTom HOME/downloads and check for the appropriate folder

I looked in the aformentioned place and found this (edited of any personal information)
directory on my C:\ Drive in Windows XP

TomTomsBackupDirectories.jpg

Notice that there is a "Backup01"......

Implying they are numbered sequentially ?

Not over written....? What is going on...?

I'll do a second backup to see.

More later.

DoctorBill

Last edited:
Yeah, think my folder is also called 'backup01', as well. You would think the naming convention implies a sequential backup, but it doesn't. The method of a user manually creating new folders each time and using Explorer to do a backup (which is the preferred method [not using TTHome for the backup]) appears to be the only way to have a series of backups.

You wonder, sometimes, why programmers do the things they do.....

Was this to save Hard Disk space? In the age of Terabyte Hard Drives?!

No options, either.

Options are nice.....

I will just "rename" the directories as I make Backups - then TomTom won't know its
left hand from its right (write) hand and it will make a new Backup01 and so on.......

"There's more than one way to skin a cat!"

DoctorBill

Don't rely on the TT Backup!!

I seriously suggest you use 'Windows Explorer' to create a Backup in an easy to find place on your Hard Drive.

I tried to use Home 2.2 backup and it couldn't locate the file.

Ask a Question