Where do you have your TomTom ?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One XL
Just wondering where others have their TT mounted and is that where you really want it... I have mine on a Proclip mount down by the radio . I would really rather have it back on the windshield just because it was so much easier to see when driving ...But then that brings up the whole security thing....

My 720 sits in the middle of the dash attached to an after market suction mount that is suctioned to a weighted after market bean bag. I like it, in that one can grab it off of the dash when getting out of the car at a stop and placing the entire thing on the floor and covering over with a cover of some sort. In my Toyota Tacoma, I have a ProClip that attaches to the side of the bucket seat console, but I do not use it...do not like looking down at it compared to looking at the unit at direct eye level.

Mine is attached to the windshield on the left side. It is the best place that I have found because it allows me to keep my eyes on the road without looking away or down. The various models of vehicles out there are so different what works in one and is logical does not fit another. The disadvantage is that in the event of an accident it could become a tt missile. And some states, California being one I think, have or may soon have legislation prohibiting attaching it to the windshield as a safety issue.

Last edited:
I stuck the disk on my dash, and mount it there. I didn't really like it on the windshield, as it's too far away there. Mounted on the dash makes it easier to reach, and to see.

I have a Gilsson dashboard mount (non-skid friction beanbag). I chose it because I didn't like mounting on the windshield, plus windshield mounting is illegal in some states like California. The Gilsson sits very nicely on the dash, has never moved. The suction cup platform is on top, not down inside the beanbag like some beanbags. This is important because the wires come out of the bottom of the TomTom GO.

When I stop somewhere I can easily slide the GO off and take it with me, and put the beanbag somewhere out of sight. Beanbags don't leave tell-tale rings on the windshield for a thief to try to break in to find the GPS.

The only trouble I've had with this arrangement is that the suction cup must be absolutely clean to grip the beanbag platform. I usually wash it with clear water before putting it on.

For both the 300M and the Santa Fe, Suzie is stuck, using her OEM suction cup, to the trim that wraps across the passenger side above the glove box, just to the right of the radio. I've heard a lot of whining about how the OEM cup doesn't work. I don't even use the stick-on gadget (don't want to mar the trim with the goo) and it holds perfectly well. The 300M is particularly ugly because it's a compound curve -- concave horizontally and convex vertically. In both cases, the mounting surface and the cup were assured to be absolutely positively SPOTLESS when mounting. I think that's the key in 99% of the cases for both trim and windshield mounting.

I'd thought to mount it on the windshield, but because the 300M sits low as it does with the severely raked windshield, it didn't work well for me there. Got used to it that way, and that's why it's on the trim on the Santa Fe as well.

I mount mine in the car on one of those "Vent Clips" above my radio and it works just fine there, easy
to remove when leaving vehicle, I also need to move mine to the motorcycle and this set up works
great for removal..........

V9030009.jpg

It has a TomTom 930 cradle mounted where the clock was (i need to make a custom bezel to fill in the holes) and its connected to an Alpine ida-x300 so I could listen to my ipod and turn by turn directions on the TomTom at the same time with the TomTom ipod cable. I also have an custom bootup screen with the 86 and custom 86 cursor on the TomTom as well.

V9030008.jpg

splashw.jpg

dump43191774.jpg

Ask a Question