Where are POI's stored??

TomTom Model(s)
One XL-s
When I go into Change Preferences - I can display a whole list of POI categories
- but how can I see what POI's are included in the category?? Are any included in the original setup of the unit?? If so, where are they stored? If not, how does one go about securing and loading them??

Also, since I got my TomTom to use while RVing, does anyone have any ideas for securing a list (in POI format) of RV parks or campgrounds?? I have contacted "Woodall's" and several RV park discount clubs, etc - but no response yet.

Thanks in advance for your help

LarryF

The built-in POI info is contained in the 'poi.dat' file. This is copyright information from the map maker and as such, we don't have access to it's contents. It would be nice to be able to pull up a list of it's contents, but they won't let us do this.

So you have to rely on custom made POI's. You might find your campground list by using Google. Perhaps there is an RV site that has already has done this. There are also programs which will convert the different POI formats.

I thought someone posted a reference to a program that can actually dump the built-in poi file (which is encrypted) but you only get a list - That file canNOT be edited. I'm not sure what the contents look like.

Looking for Campgrounds ?
This site is unbeatable.
Use program POIEdit or GPSbabel to convert to TomTom format.

Ask a Question