Where are Favorites & Home stored?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go 720
I've been working with itineraries and understand how coordinates are stored in the .itn files.

Are Favorites stored in a text files as well? How about the Home location? If so, does anyone know where they can be found.

Google Maps with the ability to move the end points seems to provide more accurate locations visually, and I would like to use the generated coordinates in a couple of cases to fix where the Go 720 is locating things based just on address.

I just looked at mine to be reasonably sure... It would be in MapSettings.cfg which is located in your map folder. You can view it.

Yes, Favorites are contained in the Mapsettings.cfg file. But it isn't a simple text file and I don't believe you can edit it easily.

Yes, Favorites are contained in the Mapsettings.cfg file. But it isn't a simple text file and I don't believe you can edit it easily.

Yes, I can see the information is in there, and no it can't be edited with a text editor. Oh well. I'll try and submit a Mapshare correction for these inconsistencies I'm encountering.

Ask a Question