When using tyre and loading to 720 it keeps taking me back to home

TomTom Model(s)
go720
I have loaded my routes from Tyre to my 720 and using the demo route in Tyre it works and follows the route. After I download it to my 720 the demoshows the downloaded route but
the 720 keeps taking me back home. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I have loaded my routes from Tyre to my 720 and using the demo route in Tyre it works and follows the route. After I download it to my 720 the demoshows the downloaded route but
the 720 keeps taking me back home. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing

I am not sure if you are doing anything wrong as my demo does the same thing after about 100 miles of demo.

I just figured that the demo will only show you are short part of your rout but I don't know for certain.

If I look at the detaled route that I have created using Google Maps and saved as an ITN file in Tyre it will show me the compleate route on MY TT.

the 720 keeps taking me back home. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

The demo function has a limit of 50k (30 miles) as was pointed out. It then starts over as you've noted. Further, if you set the demo speed to 300% or over, you lose the text to speech function on the unit (if your unit supports it).

I understand the demo shuts down, but when using the unit it keeps telling me at each intersection to turn around to take me back home.
This is just a guess, but by chance is your Home set as a 'way point' to your destination? If so, and you haven't actually started from home (say started a little away from your home), TT will try to route you to that way point first.

If it is a way point, you can edit it and either delete it or 'mark as visited'.

Hope this helps.

Ask a Question