When to "Pull the Plug" ?

TomTom Model(s)
ONE 3rd, GO 720
This is sort of a silly question, but...

When disconnecting from TomTom Home, do most of you pull the plug straight away, or wait for your TomTom's "progress bar" to complete?

The latest iPod firmware has a similar bar, so I've been wondering about this for a while...

R?

R? -

To be safe, I always wait until the progress bar has finished. I've read more than a few times on this forum where people disconnecting too quickly have had trouble.

Maybe I'm being too careful, but so be it. :)

In Home I click "Device" and choose "disconnect device" and wait until it says it is OK to desconnect. This insures any open files are closed and I will not end up with any corrupt files down the road.

In Home I click "Device" and choose "disconnect device" and wait until it says it is OK to desconnect. This insures any open files are closed and I will not end up with any corrupt files down the road.

It gives the 'ok to disconnect' message BEFORE you should actually do so. Wait till you see the progress bar actually complete the cycle to the memory unit graphic, then wait till ou actually have the unit cycle through to 'do you want to connect to the computer'. Say 'no' anf THEN power off the unit.

Ask a Question