whats with that "travel via" option?

SO I tried to use the travel via option from kingston London to cambridge and I entered M25 and it then had a huge page full of m25's to chose from?!?! I thought there was only ONE m25.. how am I supposed to know what one to chose? if I knew I would not need the tomtom but I could not get it to travel via that way as I had no idea what one to pick..

how do I know?

The "Travel Via" option is designed to properly work if one enters a specific point on the map, a city center, position of last stop, recent destination, etc., rather than what you thought it should do (travel via M25).

Instead, after having the TomTom calculate your route, go to "Browse map" then zoom to see the entire suggested route, tap on the M25 segment you would like to use, then choose the "Travel via" option, and it will recalculate your route accordingly.

Be sure when you tap on the screen to set your "Via" point, you zoom in so you can accurately set your point, else you could be traveling the wrong side of the highway from what you desire :cool:.

No problem, and good luck! Wish I'd had a GPS when I last traveled that route 33 years ago. And to think I drove my VW Rabbit diesel almost 7,000 miles around all of Europe with my wife, and we somehow managed with only paper maps!

haha nice! its good to travel and go around europe! especially when you buy a new car or get married. I was the same when I started driving I used to use these AA route planner maps and it was pages and constant looking down and hoping I am not missing a turning or looking out for XX motor way or exit. I remember my family would use actual maps before we had internet and AA route planning, before I was driving I can imagine how horrible that would of been, even worse then the AA route planner

Ask a Question