What's up with the TomTom Tips screen

TomTom Model(s)
ONE 3rd Edition
Twice in the past couple days while punching through the menus, I get stopped cold by a full screen "TomTom Tips" pop-up window. It tells me how great it would be if I subscribed to real time traffic updates! I have to click it to dismiss it.

WTF?!? WTF is that??

I don't want to see advertising on my TomTom and I certainly don't want something covering my entire screen when I'm trying to navigate through the menus.

Apparently, it's not reproducible but seems to pop up mostly after hitting the "Navigate To" button. Once today and once yesterday.

I have screen capture enabled so next time it happens, I'll get a nice picture to post here.

Does anybody know about this and how to permanently kill it?

There should be a preference menu item to disable the tips; or at least there is on the 720 and 920.

Really? Wow.

Usually its in the Change Preferences>Show Tips/Hid Tips (page 5).

Try doing the menu hack and enable the Tips option. Then navigate to the option to turn of the tips. Then remove the menu hack and try using the ONE and see if you get the tips popping up again.

Really? Wow.

Usually its in the Change Preferences>Show Tips/Hid Tips (page 5).

Try doing the menu hack and enable the Tips option. Then navigate to the option to turn of the tips. Then remove the menu hack and try using the ONE and see if you get the tips popping up again.

I don't have that option on page 5.

This just started happening a couple days ago so I'm not sure what's up but I'll keep your suggestion in mind.

Building footprints? How do you get to that? I'll have to check out a demo unit, mine is still not here, and see what this is.

It's strange coz the list shows that on a 910, Safety Cameras is not present and that Ask arrival time is disabled. On my 910 Safety Cams is present and Ask arrival time is enabled.

Ask a Question