What's The Latest Map Ver. For Go 740 Live?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920 T
Hi All-

What's the latest US map version for the Go 740 Live?? I've had mine for about two weeks now....and have 8.25, which came with it. I've used TT Home's Latest Map Guaranty, which tells me that I have the most up to date map already installed. However, if I go to the "Maps" tab on the US TomTom web site, it tells me that there's a newer map available, ver 8.35 - and that I can purchase it for $89.95. Is this in fact the latest map for my device and, if so, why isn't it free and/or appearing when I use the TomTom Home Latest Map Guaranty??

Also, am hearing that map ver 8.35 breaks Live servcies. True??

8.35 is the current map version. The automated LMG is very hit and miss. Either call TomTom, or open a ticket on their web site and they will get you the 8.35 map.

Thanks nicholb :)

I've opened up a ticket via their web site.

Am hearing that 8.35 has some issues with Traffic. Do you know if Live Traffic still works with 8.35?

There is/ was an issue when the TomTom Home software installed the map as it made to Traffic data files install with no data in them, the correct files will be on your PC so its an easy fix to copy the two rogue files to the map folder on the device if this occurs on your device - Mike

I might just wait for that newer map....if it's coming along soon. Makes sense.

I know; I was thinking the same thing earlier today when I was upgrading the map on my 920. However if you're getting the map update subscription, you'll get the new map anyway.

Aegould, the only problem with trying to get the 840 map is you already used the LMG. You are only allowed 1 use of the LMG even if a new map comes out before the 30 days are up. Since you already ran it you they probably won't let you have 840. You can give it a try and maybe get lucky, but don't be surprised if all they will give you is 835.

Ask a Question