Whats happening to the picture on my One V4?

Hello everybody!:wave:

I have a problem. Just replaced a cracked screen, on my One V4 (30 Series), with a screen from a non-working One V5 Iq Routes. Everything works ok, apart from the picture being mis-aligned. Have attached a photo:

Are there any calibration settings, that can correct position of picture, like those used to fix mis-aligned touch panel/buttons.

Any help would be appreciated!:thumb:

Attachments

• TomtomOneV4.jpg
    TomtomOneV4.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 369
Oh boy. You're gonna have to really help us here. If I'm not misremembering things ...

The V4 (aka ONE 2nd Edition for Europe, aka ONE Limited Edition for U.S.) was a 3.5" screen. The V5 (aka ONE XL models) was a 4.3" screen. I see that whatever you have received fits the hole, so I don't even know where to start. A ONE 30 would be a "V8" unit with a 3.5" screen.

Best bet so that we don't go completely sideways trying to figure this out -- please advise the first two letters of the serial numbers of your original "V4" unit and the "V5" one you used for spare parts.

THe first two letters on the original "V4" unit are PB and the "V5" are PS.
Just checked on TomTom Uk "Which TomTom device do i have?" page.
Here are the results:
"PB=ONE (30 Series) / 125 / 130 - 1GB"
"PS=ONE IQ Routes / 140 - 2GB"
Can you help with the problem?
Thanks

Last edited:
Have you done a reboot on your unit since the screen replacement?

I have! More than once. A Soft-Reset(10 second hold of power button), as there isn't a Hard-Reset button/hole.

Are there any calibration settings you can save to the devices root directory, for correcting the picture position? As you can with the Touch Screen calibration, by inserting calib.data/cal.data into root directory.

Oh, the touch screen is calibrated correctly to the off position picture.

Just tried something. Removed the navcore on the device, reloaded it from TomTom Home Online and ........... still the same.

Well there's one possibly obvious answer, but it's not a lot of help.

Maybe you CAN'T replace a cracked screen, on a One V4 (30 Series), with a screen from a non-working One V5 Iq Routes.

Ask a Question