What's covered in each POI?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 2nd Ed
As I scan the generous POI listings on these boards, is it me or is it not always apparent what parts of the country are covered by a particular POI file uploaded for public use? I realize that sometimes this information is clearly indicated in the accompanying message, but not typically from my experience. I could be missing something, but it seems it would be quite helpful to know what's included before going through the trouble of installing a file.

If the more experience members see it differently, I'll humbly defer to their opinions.

Ad

Advertisements

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 3rd Edition, TomTom One 140S
Yeah, I've downloaded POIs before discovering my city and state were not covered. I soon discovered, though, that the bitmaps were useful in creating new POIs. You just have to go through the effort of modifying already created POIs and/or creating new ones using the bitmaps from the POI you downloaded. (Depends on how much effort you want to put into having little brand-name pictures appear on your TomTom.)

Or, you could simply delete the unwanted POI bmp and ov2 file from your TomTom and submit a special request to the kind forum members who voluntarily submit POIs for everyone to use.

Ask a Question