What Version of One

TomTom Model(s)
tomtom one le
Hi,

I am just curious, how do you know which Tom Tom One you have? On the bottom of the unit it just says tomtom one (4N00.005). On show version it has Device starts with "AK", App 7.162, OS2327, GPS 1.21, BOOT 5.3026, USA-Canada Map V710.1575 (Map thanks to a kind customer care person:) ). I bought my unit in Oct at Best Buy.

Thanks in advance for the Help

Hi,

I am just curious, how do you know which Tom Tom One you have? On the bottom of the unit it just says tomtom one (4N00.005). On show version it has Device starts with "AK", App 7.162, OS2327, GPS 1.21, BOOT 5.3026, USA-Canada Map V710.1575 (Map thanks to a kind customer care person:) ). I bought my unit in Oct at Best Buy.

Thanks in advance for the Help

My "4N000.005" is an LE.

Does yours have an SD card slot? If so, it's an LE.

My "4N000.005" is an LE.

Does yours have an SD card slot? If so, it's an LE.

Not exactly true, mine also has the "4N000.005" and it is not the LE it is a one v2 Call support give them your serial number and they will tell you what version you have. that's is what I did

Steve

October is too early for an LE. They showed up as a Black Friday special at Best Buy. Sure sounds like you have a V2 (which is essentially the same thing as an LE.)

October is too early for an LE. They showed up as a Black Friday special at Best Buy. Sure sounds like you have a V2 (which is essentially the same thing as an LE.)

I bought mine at BB on black friday, it was in a LE Branded package, and I also have the same number on the bottom.. Maybe tomtom just repackeged the older v2's?

Black Friday at Best Buy = LE.

Belief here is that they were essentially rebadged V2s, updated with the latest software (which V2 people could ultimately acquire by themselves). Either TomTom took a bunch of existing V2s out of their boxes, updated their software, and repackaged them in plastic for sale as LEs at Best Buy (or Future Shop in Canada), or they took a bunch of components that had been destined for V2s and built the LEs out of them.

Either way, you've got a nice TomTom, upgradeable into the future, with the ability to slide in an SD card with out-of-area maps or North America maps of greater detail than the standard US/Canada ones. Consider yourself lucky if those things are important to you. The lack of SD slot in the mysterious Third Edition would have been a deal-breaker for me, as I bought my V2 knowing that I wanted to use it on an upcoming trip to Italy with the Western Europe maps.

Last edited:

Ask a Question