What to enter to set up a Data connection?

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
I have a Blackberry Pearl 8230 flip phone, and had no problem pairing it to my Rider2, and can make/recieve calls no problem.

I would like to be abble to recieve weather, traffic, etc but can not find the info required to set up a Data connection.

I have to "Manually Find Provider".

- Access point name,
-User name,
-Password,
- IP address (manual or auto?)
- DNS server name (man or auto?)
- Dial
-Login script

I have contacted my wireless provider (Virgin Mobile Canada), but they dont have a clue what I am talking about (and neither do I, lol.....)

Hopeing someone can help me out here.

Cheers!

Thanks for that info, but I couldnt really find anything to help me out. As stated, the phone paired, the TT imported my phone book, I can recieve/make calls using the TT (although I notice it doesnt always want to "end call").

I may have to try calling Virgin again and see if they can bump this up a level.

Cheers

Last edited:
Ask Virgin Canada how to use get your laptop onto the internet through your phone. Say your Tomtom is a "type of laptop" and hopefully their support scripts have a list of settings that look like the ones you need. Focus on getting an access point (APN), username, and password. For some celcos, the user/pass can be blank.

Ask a Question