What size SD card for Go 730

TomTom Model(s)
Go 730
I am thinking of buying a SD card off E-Bay but not sure of the size to go for, i.e. can I buy the 16Gb for the TT go 730?
Once I have bought one then what do I need to do with it to use it and can I move everything onto the card or is it best to just use the card for music and photo files?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

As to size, I replied in your other thread but be VERY CAREFUL buying a sdhc on ebay. Many turn out to be crap from China and aren't really the size listed.

I use cards by Peak in the Go devices either 8GB or 16GB class 6 for the speed see Here - Available from CPC in the UK although they are difficult to source in the USA - Mike

The higher the class number the faster the card when dealing with SDHC, class 6 is currently the fastest easily available although I have seen some Class 8 cards advertised recently.

If you want Sandisk stick to the Sandisk Extreme II or better and don't purchase of e-bay as it probably won't be the same card as a true Sandisk Extreme - Mike

SDHC card

Cheers Mike.
When I have got a SDHC card what do I need to do with it to make it work? and what is best: transfer all files to the SDHC card, maps, application, etc? as I have now run out of space on the satnav.
Do you have any ideas about my post on safety cameras?

where is this other post

Hello,

The TomTom Super Moderator said he posted information to what size of an SD card a TomTom GO 730 is able to support, but I am unable to find that post.

Would someone please tell me what size of an SD card a TomTom GO 730 is able to support? Thank you.

A 730 can take a 32 gig sdhc card with the latest application (8.351) installed.

But, whatever sdhc card you get, 4, 8, 16 or 32, make sure it is a reliable brand and the fastest class you can afford (class 6 is ideal).

Do NOT get the card on ebay as too many users have found the cards purchased that way turn out to be fraudulent crap from China.

Stick to well known brands.

Tomtom 730 SD card

I am using a Sandisk Extreme III 16GB SD card that I purchased from Amazon, it was a bit of a mini mission to get it to work but that was 50% not having the correct firmware and 50% impatience which adds up to 100% my own fault. Works perfectly well now though for both updates, pictures and other goodies.

SDHC Card I am using

Card I use

Patriot LX Series 32 GB SDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card PSF32GSDHC10 (Black)

The Patriot LX Class 10 SDHC memory card offers blazing performance. The LX Class 10 SDHC memory cards meet the latest SD Association specifications and offer a minimum sustained write speed of 10MB/s. Fast enough to record High Definition video, our LX Class 10 SDHC cards keep up with the most demanding new photography and video equipment. Patriot LX Class 10 SDHC memory cards are available in 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB capacities and offer a lifetime warranty. Remove the bottleneck of slow memory. Capture every image or video without missing a moment. Depend on the Patriot XL Class 10 SDHC card.

Amazon.com: Patriot LX Series 32 GB SDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card PSF32GSDHC10 (Black): Electronics

Ask a Question