What screen protector will get rid of glare?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by DaveInLA, Dec 23, 2007.

1. DaveInLA

DaveInLA

When I got my ONE, I immediately covered the screen with the same overlay I used on my PDA. However, when I mounted my ONE for the first time in my car, I realized that glare would be a BIG problem here in sunny Southern CA.

The PDA overlay I used doesn't advertise anti-glare properties, probably because PDAs are usually used indoors or at least in the shade. I know there are several anti-glare products out there for GPS units; can anybody post how theirs are performing?

DaveInLA, Dec 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. DaveInLA

subyroo

TomTom Model(s):
    TomTom One V2
    I bought a Glarestomper for my TT One v4 and it acts as a cover for the screen when not in use, they have covers to suit various models and brands of Mobile (portable) GPS, Fish Finder, and Chartplotter etc.

It is extremely simple to fix onto the TT, just make sure you leave a big enough gap over the On/Off button and charge light area so you can turn the unit on & off without having to remove the cover.

subyroo, Dec 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. DaveInLA

DaveInLA

Any more thoughts? I heard that there are some good anti-glare silicone based screen protectors, but they can get pretty warm during the summer and actually make the GPS work improperly.

DaveInLA, Dec 24, 2007
  4. DaveInLA

46jimbo

TomTom Model(s):
    TT ONE v1
    Some of the earlier models had serious reflection issues and most of us bought anti-glare screen protectors. But since I've had a One, the bright sun really isn't a big issue, so I don't have one.

But I understand that you are concerned about protecting your screen. A lot of people were happy with the product sold by these people:

http://shop.brando.com.hk/prod_detail.php?prod_id=01788&dept_id=&cat_id=0019

Good price and reliable fast shipping.

46jimbo, Dec 24, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question