What is USA (Basic)?

TomTom Model(s)
VIA 1605tm
I was loading some new voices & ran out of space. Home suggested that I move some unused items to the PC & suggested for removal from the unit, under map components, was USA (Basic). Anyone know what this is?
Thanks,
kev

Last edited:
On the unit "Maps" folder - "USA_Canada_Mexico_P.tlv"

BTW The original copy of the folders did not include a "Maps" folder. I appeared after I did an update.
Unfortunately Home only identified this as USA(Basic) & no specific file name. I was careful to note that Home was referring to this as "unused". Seems like it was 1.8KB or so, don't remember. In Home\FromDevice\ some Dataxx.toc files (voices) & usx.zip & usx.toc
I am assuming that this folder is where Home put the removed files.

Thanks,kev

As mentioned in another post, any .tlv folders or files can be removed. Not necessary for proper functionality.

Another place to free up some space is the license folder. you can delete any files without EN_US in the file name (you can actually dump all the files if you want, but best to keep the English ones around).

If your model has the functionality to change car icons, go to the folder: art-->cars and delete files there too.

Ask a Question