What is the US version number for the RDS-TMC receiver?

Discussion in 'TomTom Services' started by file13, Dec 27, 2007.

1. file13

file13

What is the US version number for the RDS-TMC receiver? I have ver, 4V00.081. TT tells me that it's a european version and that i need a 5v or 9v model. So far i've made 4 calls to them about it and I get a different story every time.

file13, Dec 27, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. file13

file13

Nobody can tell me the correct US version number?

file13, Dec 28, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. file13

Pedro2NR

TomTom Model(s):
    GO 910, ONE V2, GO 920 GO 730 & iPad TT App
    If I had one, I would let you know. sorry bud.

Pedro2NR, Dec 28, 2007
  4. file13

file13

Here's what I dertermined the issue to be. The correct US version number is:
    Art no.:9V00.080
    Part no.: 5V00.081

The box has those part numbers. the part number for the device inside it is: 4V00.081 which is the european model. Seems Fry's has boxes of Eur. receivers in US boxes. Gee, wonder how that happened? If TT's manufacturing div is as bad as their support, I'm not suprised.

file13, Dec 28, 2007
  5. file13

GAW

TomTom Model(s):
    I have the same device version number as you (4V00.0810), and I have been using it OK for months. I was one of the lucky ones who got it from Tiger GPS for $59.95 as a result of pre-ordering it a year ago.

Coverage areas are limited, and do not know where you are located. You have to be able to get a fairly strong signal from the traffic radio stations for it to work. How you setup the receiver antenna is also important.

I also don't know what TT application version your have. I did find with 6.525, I would have to disable the bluetooth traffic service before the traffic receiver service would work. With 7.162, this has not been a problem.

GAW, Dec 28, 2007
  6. file13

Clairwen

Traffic RDS-TMC

I have the 4V00-081 receiver for the GO 920. I live in Atlanta, GA, it appears to receive the radio signal but no traffic information. Called TomTom support but they are useless after keeping you on hold for over an hour. Yesterday I was in Birmingham AL an area that the TMC covers and stuck in a massive traffic back up but it said the route is clear. Tom Tom support tries to duck out of the responsibility by blaming the data provider.
    It appear from other users that Tom Tom is aware of the problem since last October but their support team do not have a clue about what is going on.
    I will advise anyone in the Atlanta area to stay away from this device until they sort out the problem. Tom Tom support is the worst I have experienced.
    I will be returning the reciever and the Go 920 since I purchase it primarily for the traffic feature. I will return to my Mio since it worked just fine without the traffic info.

Clairwen, Jan 18, 2008
  7. file13

berkisho

TomTom Model(s):
    I had similar issues w/ my receiver, although I don't know what version number is on it b/c TT is RMAing my receiver and I sent it back a few days ago...

berkisho, Jan 18, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question