What is the TomTom One S, and are there a good comparison of the TomTom One series?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom 125
I just came across the TomTom One-S on Amazon's gold box deal for $99 today. Prior to today I had never heard of a TomTom One-S.

I had heard of TomTom One V2, V3, LE, XL, XL-S, 125, 130, 130-S, etc, but never just One-S. Anyone here know what the One-S is?

Also, is there a good resource that goes over all the TomTom one series? Why does TomTom make it so hard for consumers to understand their GPS offerings with so many confusing and yet similar GPS units? A good guide would be appreciated.

The TT OneS was originally a special unit sold only at Radio Shack which was a TT One with text to speech. Now sold in other locations, too.

Yeah, TomTom's numbering system for their models is convoluted, isn't it? :confused:

Wow, thanks for that info.

So my TomTom 125 is newer than the TT One, right? Even Tim from GPS Review had never heard of the TomTom One S according to his comments on a 125 review.

Actually, I got my information FROM Tim. I was wrong in saying 'Radio Shack'. It was originally a Wal-Mart exclusive.

LOL thanks dhn. :)

I recall stumbling across a page Tim had that explained some of basic differences among the TomTom One series, but I can't find it any more. I think he linked to it via a comment on a review. Do you know what I'm referring to?

Thanks again for the help dhn. This link was what I stumbled across before discussing the 3rd edition and LE. I guess my memory was not so good about where I saw it.

Any way, TomTom will continue to confuse us with their archaic naming schemes I'm sure. :)

Ask a Question