what is the newest map version of US?

I know there was a place on TomTom's website which had a place where you entered the serial number of your device and it would tell you if you had the latest maps but I can't seem to find it anymore. You should just call their support line.

I'm getting a page not found but I have Map v6.65. I know the ONE XL has USA/Can v6.75.

For the devices that have NavCore 7, which is currently the 720,520, and ONE 3rd Edition has NA v7.04.

So will TT1 2nd Edition owners likely have to pay for the version 7 maps? I understand that a firmware upgrade is looming somewhere in the future, but if we have to pay over a 100 dollars for map updates I can't tell you how frustrating that is to me...

Maps

I recently contacted the support group to ask about the map version on my new TT1 which was not the V4 and asked if it were possible to upgrade the made since it was just a few weeks old. this was the reply and if accurate, it appears like what you have is all you will ever have unless you spend more $$$. I personally think it's crazy to spend over $100 to upgrade something that anly cost 250 new at circuit city right now. I also thought Tomtom purchased the map company so this answer sounds like a bunch of bull anyway. I guess it's all about money. Anyway, here is their reply....

Thank you for contacting TomTom Support in regards to the maps on your GO One. My intention is to try to clear up some misconceptions about the maps and updates. The people on "The Forum" are incorrect. You can not get a free map update by logging into the TomTom Home Program - unless the are doing something quite illegal. Anytime an individual connects to our server through TomTom Home, if the device needs a "software" update, the server will offer these updates free of charge. There is never a charge for a software update.

People get confused with the information that is on the device. There is a software version and there is a map version. People get confused which is which.

Your particular GO One - most likely - came preinstalled with software version of 6.50 and maps 6.50. After an automatic update through TomTom Home, your software would be brought up to version 6.520

I feel bad that you may have purchased a GO One that was made before the latest map was released, but that is the responsibility of the retailer and how they purchase and sell merchandise. The reason why there is a charge associated for the purchase of the maps is because TomTom is charged by the company that creates the maps. As with all electronics, there is a progression in the development of software, applications, and programs. I know of no major computer or software company that offers free major upgrades. Yes, Microsoft will offer free minor updates and patches, but major operating systems or applications have a fee associated to them.

If you have any further questions or comments, please email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 7:00 PM EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom we believe in showing you the way the easy way.

Thank You,
Jeremy
and
The TomTom Customer Support Team

Is the newest map on Tomtom one version 6.65? Will version 6.75 work on Tomtom One? Or it will only work on Tomtom one XL.

6.75 should work with no problems.
If you will be downloading the North America Maps on your ONE, you will need a 2GB card. If you will be downloading the US_and_Canada maps, you dont need a new SD Card. The North America maps are at least 1.2 GB.

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me which one works better? I mean more accurate? Thanks!
6.75 should work with no problems.
If you will be downloading the North America Maps on your ONE, you will need a 2GB card. If you will be downloading the US_and_Canada maps, you dont need a new SD Card. The North America maps are at least 1.2 GB.

Anyone else rather mystified that they'd expect you to pay over 50% of what you paid for the actual navigation device just to update the maps? I wouldn't mind paying some kind of like yearly fee to get the most up-to-date maps, but over 100 dollars is flat out ridiculous.

Also, another question that I've seen a lot on here. I understand that the 6.75 version is for North America, but is there actually any more street detail than the US and Canada version 6.65? I'm aware of the inclusion of ponds, lakes, etc, but are there any actual updates to the streets?

Ask a Question