What is "No Sector Protection?

TomTom Model(s)
XXL540-S
I have a XXL540-S that I have been using for several months. I am not having any problems that I have noticed. When I do a "hard reset" by holding the on/off button longer than the Tom Tom drum roll sound I get the information screen. On the 15th line of the first column it says "Sector Protection:" across from this in the second column is says "No". The entire line is an outlined box in red. Is this an indication of a problem? Should I be concerned? Can this be corrected? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

No, that information (whatever it means) is there on all units on the diagnostic screen. Don't worry.

Just to put a spanner in the works....:D

I just looked on my GO940 - more because I thought that screen was just black and white so I was interested when you said it was in a red box. I'm pretty sure I've never seen any colour on that page, and sure enough it was just white text on black this time.

But.... My sector protection is ON!

And I've no idea what it means either :lol:. So I Googled it and all I really found was a similar question on TomTom's own "Discussions" board.
But in that case the user gets a message about it every time he tries to start the device.
One of the regulars "Stefan" reckoned he should take it back if a reset didn't fix it (but that's what you're doing already).
But if yours is working fine otherwise, I'd hold fire....

Update: Two other NAV2 TomToms in the house (a Go950 and an XL LIVE) also have it "on".

But NAV3 TomToms don't have that line on the diagnostics screen at all. So maybe it's something to do with DOS and disk formats?

Thank you for the information. I recently updated to Navcore 9.401 and I thought that it may have occurred during the update. I am not having any problems, so I guess I will just ignore it.

Ask a Question