What is New in GO920 App v7.480

TomTom Model(s)
TT ONE & GO 920
TT GO920 software application was updated yesterday to version 7.480.....Does anyone know what are the new features in this New Application version. The only difference I've noticed is the ?Account Info? option within the Tom Tom Service page (1of 2). Anyone knows other new features with this new version?

What's New in GO920 App v7.480

Good question, but it looks like the new application removed the Itinerary Planner button. I'm not sure what other features were added or removed, but removing the itineray planner will probably raise some eyebrows.

Why would they remove the Itinerary Planner? They bragged about their cooperation with Google in exporting it to the TT!!!!

Something really is wrong with TT's research and marketing. Nevermind their buggy updates.

Itinerary Planning still present in 7.480

Good question, but it looks like the new application removed the Itinerary Planner button. I'm not sure what other features were added or removed, but removing the itineray planner will probably raise some eyebrows.

I just checked my 920T after the 7.480 update & the Itinerary Planning button is still there & it works (just checked it.)

"Thought you'd like to know..."

Franko

Maybe the update changed the "More Buttons..." setting to the "Fewer Buttons..." setting? (Dunno -- I haven't done the update yet.) But, check that to be sure it is still set for Show More Buttons.

It didnt change it to fewer buttons. I called support and they confirmed this feature was removed they told me "because of problems".

Maybe the update changed the "More Buttons..." setting to the "Fewer Buttons..." setting? (Dunno -- I haven't done the update yet.) But, check that to be sure it is still set for Show More Buttons.

The itinerary button is on the unit itself but not in the HOME SOFTWARE running on your PC.
I just checked my 920T after the 7.480 update & the Itinerary Planning button is still there & it works (just checked it.)

"Thought you'd like to know..."

Franko

Why would they remove the Itinerary Planner? They bragged about their cooperation with Google in exporting it to the TT!!!!

Something really is wrong with TT's research and marketing. Nevermind their buggy updates.

A firmware bug. Will be fixed.

New Firmware, connecting to computer

One thing I have found in the new firmware is previously I needed to start my 920, then connect to the dock, for it to connect to my computer. Now I can start the 920 WHILE it is docked and the connection starts up. Much better.

New Features of 7.480

I have noticed that startup now takes seven seconds. I must hold the power button down until the screen illumines, which for my 920T is 7 seconds. Shutdown now simply requires a single tap of the button.

Also I had been listening to an Audiobook, purchased from Audible.com. Since updating, I now get an "error" whenever attempting to access the download and the unit skips to the next file. As I have nothing but Audiobooks on the system, I get to listen to bupkis.

Thought you might like to know.

Kind regards,

Stephen Blair
About N45 W-122

Changes I have found so far in ver 7.480

The first thing I noticed is that the satellite signal display (docked on the bottom of the screen) is now vertical with horizontal bars. The Shutdown screen is now grayed out (dimmed) when you turn the 920 off. In setting items to display on the status bar, you can set it to show maximum speed.

Then I found that voice input NO LONGER WORKS! After doing some research on line, it appears the loss is due to an effort by TomTom to remove access to voice input on the TomTom GO720 which was sold in the USA without that feature, but users found it was present on the 920. In researching that problem, users were reporting the loss of their Western Europe maps which are included on the 920, but not on the 720. In checking my 920, my Western Europe maps are missing!!

Other odd things happened after the update, but were fixable through setups.
1) It came up with the language set to Italian
2) The time was off and had to be corrected
3) The "voice" had to be reselected
4) My car symbol on the display had been set back to the blue arrow head

I haven't found anywhere that TomTom acknowledges that there is a problem with this release or any indication when it will be corrected (although I'm sure they will put out a correction)

ballast

I read in a UK blog that this release offers support for the HD Traffic receiver.

I wonder how far they are from that in the States?

My question was regarding thoughts on when it would be available not whether it was available. I realize its not available now.

The TomTom HD Traffic receiver was on the FCC website in December so its logical that its being tested and will be available at some future point.

Ask a Question