What is difference between UK+IRE app and w.europe app?

I have just got an iphone and was going to get one of the tom tom apps as a sat nav.
However, the UK+Ireland app is the same price as the Western Europe app. I've looked on the app store and done a google but I can't see a list of differencies in functionality and the countries actually covered by each app.

Obviously for me the best case scenario is that the functionailty is identical, but if I go for the Western Europe app i will get more maps for the same price.
Can anyone tell me the differencies between these apps and suggest which one I should go for? I will be using it almost exclusively in the UK, but there is a possibility I would be driving in Europe, so the Western Europe app does sound promising (especially if it is the same price as the UK one).

Cheers

Welcome to the forum, the main difference is the storage space needed for the European map which is close to 2GB, the UK&ROI only consumes around 300MB so if storage space is tight consider this, otherwise if they are both the same price get the European version as the map covers mainland Europe in addition to the UK, the UK coverage is identical with either version installed - Mike

Thanks Mike.
I had noticed the size difference between the two, but I won't fill up my 16GB iPhone in a hurry and if i do it would be movies etc that i can delete.
I'll get the W.Europe one then!

One final question - the app store says that it has a 20% discount - is this already applied, or does the discount happen after you click to purchase the app? I can't see a 'previous' cost of the app to tell me if the discount is applied or not.

Cheers

Hi

The 25% discount is already applied - I think it was ?79.99 before.

I just bought the WE version of TomTom as well. It is a good deal to get it for the same price as the British version. I have used it a couple of times so far and it has worked really well. In particular, the Text to speech has impressed me.

By the way, if you are a Quidco user, they are doing 10% cashback on Itunes purchases at the moment so you could get ?6 cashback when you buy TomTom.

Ask a Question