what if I know street address but not the city name?

While I understand the frustration of not finding the address but I really don't get why you guys want the option of selecting street name (before or not by city name) first.
Living in MA, standing somewhere in MA, looking for Main St with no given a city name or town name is totally silly.
I mean whenever I want to send a mail via post office, I do need to know the town name, I don't believe USPS will send my mail to the correct destination if it says "1 Main St, empty, MA, USA"

Actually, they can. When I lived in NY, I had ordered a laptop. When it arrived it has my correct address but had the city and state as "Chicago, IL" and I then called the post office to find out how they still sent it to my house, and they said that they only look at the zip code and street address. I lived in Flushing, NY but I have received mail many times that said
Linden Hill, NY
Queens, NY
NYC, NY
New York, NY
Bronx, NY
and the list goes on.

City and state does NOT matter, as long as the house number, street and zip code are correct.

You've made a strong point, however in this case, if you do not specify the zipcode, how would USPS ever known?
Say, if OP do know the zipcode, then he wouldn't be suffering finding the address.

Ask a Question