what happened to my start-up sound?!

Okay, so i just VERY recently got a tomtom one and im loving it!

Now...here's my question. The other day I changed the start up screen to a picture of myself and my boyfriend in disney world. however, when i did that...the music that usually played with the default tomtom startup screen went away. how do i get that back?

the drums sound only goes on when you have recently have connected/disconnected your device from your computer.
For those units that have a SD card, the same goes when remove the card.

Sorry , but your answer made no sense. I also have lost the sound when switching on my tomtom XL. how do you get the drum sound back? thanks.

Pedro's answer is correct.

The drum rolls are supposed to be heard when the unit is turned on as a result of a reboot, not just as a consequence of power on.

So, if your unit does have a reset hole in the bottom, use a paper clip to reset. Turn on the unit and you should hear the drum rolls.

If your unit does not have a dedicated reset hole, hold the power on button for about 20 seconds to reboot. You should hear the sound now.

If you still don't, your speaker may be shot. To test that, select a voice and press 'test' to hear if anything is coming out.

Ask a Question