What folder to put maps in

Hey, I had a bit of a problem with my GPS unit, and the map got removed. Fortunately, I had a backup of the map on my computer. It was not, however, the back-up feature. I just used the "Manage my XL" option to copy the map to my computer. So I just have a zip file of the map. Where do I need to put this in my unit to get it to recognize it? There are no folders named "map" or anything.

Look in the zip file and you will see a file ending in the extension of *.pna.

It is whatever is shown by the * that you should name the folder on your unit to unzip the contents of the backed up map to.

In other words, if the file name, for example, is USA_Canada_Mexico.pna, then name the folder USA_Canada_Mexico.

Ok. Done. Thanks for the reply.

There's one problem. I got the map back, but it seems that it's having the same problem. Here's the setup (I'll probably start this in a new thread to, so I can title it more appropriately).

I turn on the GPS and everything works fine. However, when I try to get it to navigate me to somewhere, it freezes and then restarts. Usually it freezes once I pick where I want to go and it starts to calculate the route. Sometimes it also freezes when it's searching for a particular road.

Does it sound like my map file is corrupted somehow? Is there somehow that I can repair a map without buying a new one? How can I fix this?

Try deleting the file mapsettings.cfg in the map folder. Use Explorer to do it.

A new file will get created upon boot up and may resolve the issue.

Try this then......

Connect to Home. Make a change to one Favourite by adding one, deleting one, editing one, it doesn't matter.

Now, disconnect properly from Home using the Device disconnect icon. Restart the unit and see if it is ok now.

Ask a Question