What do I do?

I have a problem with my tomtom720 only half of the touch screen works, when you touch any of the top icons a bottom one will activate what is wrong and can I fix it.
TomR:rant:

I have a problem with my tomtom720 only half of the touch screen works, when you touch any of the top icons a bottom one will activate what is wrong and can I fix it.
TomR:rant:
I have never had the 720 myself, but it is my understanding that this type of behavior can occur when dirt or other contamination gets between the screen and the trim bezel around the edge of the screen and creates false screen inputs.

The suggestion that I have seen for dealing with this problem is to slip something slender and relatively soft like a business card into the gap between the screen and bezel and attempt to clean out any contamination that may have accumulated in there.

From what I have read, this only works some of the time, but it is a cheap and easy way to attempt a fix. At the risk of stating the obvious, the reason that a business card is suggested is that it should not do any of the damage that might be caused by something more rigid and/or thicker.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Page12589

Latest Threads

Back