What are the different model main features?

My parents got us a Magellan for Christmas, but unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) the internal battery is defective, and the software just sucks compared to my friends TomTom 720 and the TomTom Navigator software I have on my HTC Fuse phone.

I really miss the text to speech function that's missing on my phone compared to my friends 720.

Were returning the defective one and getting a TomTom, but I'm trying to figure out what model/features to get.

The screen size & resolution is pretty obvious, along with bluetooth, FM modulators, but I can't figure out where I should be looking for ones that do text to speech.

What are the lower end models that do text to speech?
What's the difference between the TomTom 3rd edition, 125, 130, 130-s?

The 130s is the lowest model with Text to Speech. The 130 doesn't have that capability. The 125 is a 130 with only a US. not Canada, map.

I also own a Magellan. It's a VERY simple device that does NOTHING more than get you from Point A to Point B. Surprisingly it does have Text to Speech though. What I hate about the Magellan is that the device will die pretty quickly whether it's being used or not. After 2 weeks of it being shut off, it will still die anyways, since it doesn't fully shut off. It just sleeps. TomToms do the same thing but I am able to use the unit after a month of non-use off the charger.

The Magellan dies almost equally whether it's being used or not.

Ask a Question