What are the differences in NavCore 7 and NavCore8?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I tried searching but got crazy random threads that have nothing to do with my question.

I'm wondering what the differences are between NavCore 7 and 8. I'm thinking on using NavCore 7 on my SD card for my ONE XL since once I install 3rd party apps, the Help Me! feature dissapears anyway on NavCore 8. It seems as if NavCore 7 works better with 3rd party apps due to the menu structure. I also heard that NavCore 7 starts faster anyways.

Is there a page with a comparison between the 2?

I believe I read somewhere that, by default, if there is firmware on a sd card, the unit will try booting from there first. So, if you put N7 on the card, you will only be able to work with v7 maps on the card as well. N8 can work with v7 or v8 maps.

I believe I read somewhere that, by default, if there is firmware on a sd card, the unit will try booting from there first. So, if you put N7 on the card, you will only be able to work with v7 maps on the card as well. N8 can work with v7 or v8 maps.

But the latest map available for the ONE XL is 725 anyways. No worries though since I just posted my ONE XL on ebay and will be buying my 720 on Monday. Do you like your 720 alot? I just can't pass up the $169.99 deal for a 720.

Yeah, mine does what it needs to do for me........and it cost a heck of alot more than you can get it for.

I believe the 720 was released the beginning of June 2007. The TT One was released about mid August 2006 but there were (are) various models under the One umbrella (XL, 2nd ed., etc.) so I don't know exactly when the XL saw the light of day.

Ask a Question