What are the differences between the different versions?

I am looking to purchase a One and I was wondering how each edition varies from the others. My GF has a One 2nd edition. It has the SD card reader as I know that the 3rd edition does not. Also, I know that the 3rd edition has no SD card reader but is compatible with Tomtom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver. That's about all I can really figure out. Are there any hardware or software differences (that can't be updated though TomTom Home) that ould make one better than the other?

I am looking to install this permanently on my motorcycle and will always have a phone with me for traffic updates so the Tomtom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver compatibility is not a requirement. Plus I would like the SD card option for upgradability. Is the 3rd edition better in any other way to direct me to purchase that one or should I go for the 1st or 2nd edition?

Thanks.

New Edition (2nd) has 28MB of RAM, 3rd has 32MB of RAM. No idea why. I also think they skimped on the map for the 3rd edition (that can be upgraded but still you have to use the base map for a few years)

TT1 NE v2 has 32 MB RAM (all TT1 has it), but in navcore 6 and 7 it reports as 28-29MB.
If you install navcore8 it will report 32MB.
Pros with navcore8 is also more free RAM.
With navcore6 i had 0-3MB RAM free on my TT1 v2
With Navcore7 it increased to 2-5MB RAM free.
Testing now for some days with navcore8 on my TT1 v2 and it reports 10-11MB RAM free.

Ask a Question