What are tha advantages of using an SD card in the 720?

Other than the obvious, more storage, what do I gain using and SD card? How large a SD card (in GB) will it take?
How is it formatted to use with TT, just use Windows explorer or is TT looking for a specific format only TT will read.
Also my 720 has a lable over the slot that says "not Needed"?

Other than the obvious, more storage, what do I gain using and SD card? How large a SD card (in GB) will it take?
How is it formatted to use with TT, just use Windows explorer or is TT looking for a specific format only TT will read.
Also my 720 has a lable over the slot that says "not Needed"?

With maps and other stuff getting more bloated (plus the fact you may want to add mp3's, photos, audiobooks, more voices, poi's downloaded from sites, etc., etc., it is a good idea to get a sdhc card of 4 gigs (seems to be the sweetspot). Larger ones can work but you must remember that neither the unit nor TTHome can write to > 4 gigs, though they can read from that range.

Format the card (many have luck with a SanDisk Ultra II but others work) as Fat32 using Explorer but do so with the card in a sd card reader, not while the card is installed in the unit.

oh yeah, tear the paper off the slot that says card not needed :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I speak from experience here .... was a b**ch trying to dl the NA map 710 to just the internal memory and repeatedly running into the 'not enough room' message. One gets very creative (and sloppy :( ) at 3:30 am in the morning trying to get the job done by stripping files one doesn't think will be needed.

Get the card ....:D :D

my TT 720 doesn't read 2gb SD Sandisk

Hey guys, I tried everything: formatted the card both ways fat 32 and regular, I transfered mp3 and jpg files to the SD card in explorer, but when I insert to the unit it only says "car symbol changed". It's a 2 gb SanDisk, that's why maybe? My TT 720 can't read SD cards apparently. Help!!:mad: :mad: :( :( Thanks in advance!!

Hey guys, I tried everything: formatted the card both ways fat 32 and regular, I transfered mp3 and jpg files to the SD card in explorer, but when I insert to the unit it only says "car symbol changed". It's a 2 gb SanDisk, that's why maybe? My TT 720 can't read SD cards apparently. Help!!:mad: :mad: :( :( Thanks in advance!!

mp3's have to reside in a folder called mp3 and photos in a folder called photo. Did you do that?

mp3 folder already full!

I can't store more songs in my TT 720 internal memory because it's mp3 folder is full with around... 110 mp3 files. That's why I was trying to have more songs in the SD card but it doesn't seem to work. Any guesses? Thanks!:confused: :confused:

Make a folder named mp3 and one named photo (be aware of the letter case) on the SD card and place the appropriate files in them. The TT should read them then.

I can't store more songs in my TT 720 internal memory because it's mp3 folder is full with around... 110 mp3 files. That's why I was trying to have more songs in the SD card but it doesn't seem to work. Any guesses? Thanks!:confused: :confused:

Just follow dhn and Bama's instructions.

Ask a Question