Western Europe maps on tomtom one 3rd edition???

Hi,

I recently purchased a tomtom one 3rd edition in the States and really like it. I'm about to go to the UK for 2 months and wonder if I can purchase the Western Europe map and install on my One 3rd edition?

I just did an ebay.co.uk search and found this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TomTom-Maps-O...yZ139824QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It says it is compatible with TT One, but I don't know if that would mean the 3rd edition or not?

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sad to say I think you're out of luck. The Western Europe map takes up 1.7 gB on my 2 gB SD card. Since the 3rd Edition has no SD slot and only 1 gB of internal memory, this won't work for you.

TomTom does offer smaller individual country maps which might work for you, but again with no SD slot you would probably have to install it in place of your current US/Canada map, and then swap back when you return from your trip. Not a fun process.

I'm glad I bought my TomTom when V2 was the current version. Lack of an SD slot would make 3rd edition a non-starter for me.

TomTom sells a version of the Western Europe map that comes in at 930 GB, and is designed for the One. Costs 50 Euros (or around $72). I see this when using the Home program.

Those Ebay maps are not very new. They don't even tell you the version number. TomTom stopped selling maps on a DVD a long time ago.

My advice is to buy from TomTom. Buying maps on Ebay have led many people to grief!

Ask a Question