Western Europe Maps include UK?

dvs

Hi there

Do the Western Europe maps for iPhone include the UK and Ireland? It's not clear on the TomTom website which countries are included. One would assume that the Western Europe would include the UK/Ireland but the price on the App store is less than the standalone UK/Ireland map.

Are there other differences I should be aware of? Less features in the Western Europe map for example?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, the WE map includes Britain & Ireland. (and Scotland and all the rest .... :) )

Thank you. Odd that they are charhing more for just the UK/Ireland maps. Looks like I'll get maps for the Western Europe for less though so I'm not complaining!

Indeed the Western_Europe map is currently cheaper than the UK&ROI, the only difference between the two is the capacity needed to store the application as the WE version takes nearly 2GB of space vs around 350MB for the UK&ROI. Grab a bargain while you can, TomTom have also recently announced a newer version will be made available in the near future with OS4 compatibility (multi tasking support), this update was said to be free to existing owners of the TT iPhone app (Yet another free map update for the Apple owners, to date each map update for the Apple iPhone owner has been free which is a major advantage over the running costs of a PND) - Mike

Still annoyed as hell that I can't upgrade from UK to Europe though. Maybe I should have bought the full map form the start. Here's the thing though, an upgrade would prevent me from looking at the competition, while making me buy a new app encourages me to search the App store looking to put my money elsewhere.

Ask a Question