Weird TomTom Home "Select Device" screen

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
Does anyone know what this is about? I opened up Home today and I get this....:confused:

weirdddd.jpg

Why does stuff like this only happen to you? :)

Do you have a card reader in the computer right now with a sd card in it? If so, Home treats that as external storage. So, if you have a sd card in the unit AND the card reader with a sd card in it, that's the reason.

Saw the same thing - HOME doesn't do anything when a Tomtom isn't connected.

But once a Tomtom is connected, any SD card or other drive letter that contains tomtom files gets flagged as an optional item to use (in addition to the Tomtom itself) during HOME startup.

Yea, I had completely forgotten that I had a thumb drive connected to my computer that had a backup of my NavCore OS on because I was testing something earlier... Oops!

Sure was strange seeing this for the first time lol.

Last edited:
Be careful - mine never said "card reader" like yours, it had two "INTERNAL" drives showing (the SD was a backup of the internal). And I had to know which driver letter was the Tomtom vs the card reader.

Ask a Question