Website from TOMTOM that will allow you to go back in Firmware...

TomTom Model(s)
Hi Everyone,

For those that have had problems with your TT910 and perhaps others...the TT folks directed me to a site where you can download an executable file that will revert your Tom Tom firmware to an earlier state. There are directions for use when you run the program. I used this when mine was having problems on the second day due to user error of disconnecting while updating.

Anyhow here is the link...hope it helps some of you....

http://www.tomtom.com/updates/ttgo542upd.exe

This will take you to the program that you can use.

BTW: I am not a tech support guru and only used this with the advice of the TT Tech support person on the phone.

Have you tried this on a GO910? It seems strange because the first version of the software on GO910 when it came to the market one year ago was V6. And this reverts back to V5.42:confused:

Yes...100%! The tech support folks had me do just that on my Go 910. I too was surprised that it was an OLDER firmware than what was shipped initially to me.

So far it has been working like a champ!:)

Does that mean then you have the ability to automatically shut off the TT910 when you shut off the car?

Unsure....and I wont be going back to check...LOL.....I have her up and running sweet and dont want to screw anything up on it....LOL....only mildly kidding....

For those folks that would like that functionality it probably would work again for them. Me personally, I remove it everytime I leave the car so that it doesnt get stolen...so in effect I turn it off manually every time anyhow.:)

Unsure....and I wont be going back to check...LOL.....I have her up and running sweet and dont want to screw anything up on it....LOL....only mildly kidding....

For those folks that would like that functionality it probably would work again for them. Me personally, I remove it everytime I leave the car so that it doesnt get stolen...so in effect I turn it off manually every time anyhow.:)

That's true.

I was just curious if the feature was in that version as now TT910 users have an official way of getting the feature by doing this downgrade. No more modifying system files. That's if they want that feature, I'm not sure what other features they would be giving up from leaving v6 firmware.

The original v6 software delivered with the 910 had the auto power-off feature (I know because I have it still!). :cool:

IIRC, this feature only disappeared with 6.15.

Ask a Question