Waypoints and MAC

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One
Anybody know if there is a prog similar to TYRE that that runs on a MAC. I recently switched from 26 years "on the DARK Side" to MAC. Using TYRE was a dream but it is strictly for use with Windows.
I know I can plan on Google and get the GPS info - enter it by hand as waypoint info on TomTom. BUT I'm lazy - having the entry done for me was so nice.

Any help appreciated.
rhys

I don't think there are any Mac apps that deal directly with TomTom files. If you've an Intel Mac, you can run Windows like it's native. If you need waypoint manipulation, the only Mac app I know of it MacGPS. Check www.versiontracker.com and use its search engine to see what else is available. I've just finished working on a poi set for the tomtom, but I'll have to have someone on this site or one of the guys I worked with convert it to .ov2.

bobball - thanks for the reply. I do in fact have an Intel Mac, one of the later builds. Unfortunately on the stable non-Beta builds of the VM there are USB problems. So far I have been unable to get mine to recognize any but a few of my USB devices.
TomTom home on the MAC side works fine - I guess I'll try to do the work on - The Dark Side - and bring the itn to the MAC side and see if I can get it to install.
Thanks again!
rhys

So far it seems to work that way. Installed Google Earth and TYRE on WIN XP running in the VM then created an itn - moved the itn to the MAC side and installed it. Haven't run it yet but will let you know if any problems.
rhys

Ask a Question